Job Summary: This employee’s main duties include cleaning the interior and exterior of the Convention Center, and maintaining the facility in an orderly condition.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status: nonexempt – paid hourly
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, offices, artwork and other work areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies, using vacuum cleaner & other devices.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Greets guests in a courteous, professional manner.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washes walls, ceilings and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Collects trash in such areas as hallways, corridors, storerooms and any other area indicated by management. Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Cleans and refreshes meeting areas before, during and after meetings.
- Performs duties and functions as assigned by management.
- Sets up chairs, tables and stands according to function specifications.
- Following functions, breaks down equipment and furniture for storage or use in additional functions.
Minimum Experience, Skills or Education Required:
- High school education or equivalent preferred; one to three years’ experience preferred.
- Specific Vocational Preparations preferred, which include an occupationally significant combination of vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to higher jobs, or serving in other jobs.
- Must have developed language skills to be able to read at a minimum level, print simple sentences and speak simple sentences.
- Must be able to follow directions/instructions.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays, as the schedule requires.
- Must be able to judge readily observable, functional, structural or compositional characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
- Must be able to use body members, tools or special devices to work, move, guide or place objects or materials. This would involve some latitude for judgement with regard to precision attained and selection of appropriate tool, object or material, although this is readily manifest.
- Must be able to use hands to lift, carry or pull objects that may be heavy.
- Must be able to interpret simple room layout drawings.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Must be able to learn simple procedures and techniques.
- Must be able to perform routine or the same task over and over again.
- Must be able to stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- A valid Arkansas Drivers License is required for this position since employee may be required to drive company vehicle to other sites that fall under the Visit Hot Springs umbrella to perform housekeeping duties.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 lbs. With frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Reaching. Handling. Fingering. Feeling. Seeing. Climbing. Balancing. Stooping. Kneeling. Crouching. Crawling.
Working Conditions: This employee works both inside and outside – the work activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts. Position will require working during nights, weekends and holidays. Position may require driving to other locations in company vehicle. There may be sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction.
About this company
Visit Hot Springs works to keep Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas, as the number one tourism destination for the state. This is done through marketing our city, special events such as the World's Shortest St. Patrick's Day Parade and Spa-Con, and operating the Hot Springs Convention Center, Bank OZK Arena, and the Visitor Information Center downtown. We are considered a part of the City of Hot Springs government, but operates independently based on collections of the 3% hospitality tax on restaurants and lodging establishments located within the city limits.
Location/Region: Hot Springs, Arkansas